The US Masters is one of the most famous sporting events in the world and it’s definitely the most exclusive golf event.
While there are three other Majors, the field is almost half the size of every other Major and all golfers wants a start in Augusta and the chance to wear a green jacket.
There are only 90 players who have qualified, which is the lowest field since 2002. It’s a small number, because it’s almost impossible to qualify.
Here are the ways you can qualify:
- Win the US Masters and get a lifetime invitation
- Win another Major and receive an invite for five years
- Win the Players Championship
- Be in the top 12 of the previous year at the US Masters
- Be in the top four of the previous years other Majors
- Win a PGA Tour event between the previous years Masters and the upcoming year
- Qualify for the previous years season ending tournament
- Finish top 50 in the Official World Golf Rankings for the previous calendar year
- Be in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Rankings published, the week before the Masters
- Be the current US amateur champion or runner up
- Be the current British amateur champion
- Be the current Latin-American amateur champion
- Be the current Asia-Pacific amateur champion
- Be the current US Mid amateur champion
The above is why the US Masters field is so small and why it’s the golf tournament which captures the world’s imagination.
Here is the how you receive your official invitation. I think mine is lost in the mail…